Reflecting on 2019 feels like a roller coaster. Fortunately; SunTech Drive, our team, friends, and family are in a place as supportive and exciting as Colorado. With 300 days of sun a year, everyday our team is reminded how important solar energy, electronics manufacturing, and startup business is to the world. Here’s a few articles the SunTech Drive Team enjoyed reading, these cover 2019, and the local community we’re fortunate to be a part of.
Business Development & Legislation
“In 2019, Environment America ranked Denver among its Top 10 Shining Cities: the Top United States cities for Solar Energy based on Solar Photovoltaic installations per capita, as well as total Solar Photovoltaic combined.”
Below are key energy initiatives laid out by Colorado:
- Reduce community-wide greenhouse gas emissions 30 percent by 2025
- Make all new buildings net-zero by 2035
- Achieve 100 percent renewable electricity in municipal facilities by 2025 and community-wide by 2030
- Increase electric vehicle registration to 30 percent by 2030
Additionally, the state of Colorado is taking key legislative measures to achieve the above goals and usher in a brighter, cleaner future. Governor Jared Polis has been instrumental in initiating the above and below goals, changes, and accomplishments.
Due to the strong support Colorado receives from it’s state legislature and executive branch, Colorado continues to “lead the interior West and throughout the United States in it’s pro-environmental policies and accomplishments.”
- Passing of the bipartisan electric vehicle infrastructure bill
- Regional Electric Vehicle West plan
- Improvement of the Electric Vehicle Grant Fund
- Governor Polis’ publication of his Roadmap to 100 Renewable Energy by 2040
In addition to the above achievements and goals, the legislature of Colorado has also passed a number of Climate Action Reduction Plans, a Transitional Office to assist in gas industry to renewable energy transition, as well as the expansion of regulatory agencies responsible for review and reporting of all public utilities.