Repair Center Manager / Sr. Technician
Are you a looking to join a high-tech renewable energy company that helps solve problems for agriculture, air conditioning and international social impact projects? SunTech Drive is leading the effort to bring affordable solar power to new applications. We are a venture-funded, early stage, high growth company that has received multiple awards for bringing groundbreaking nanogrid products to market. These products are helping customers harness the power of clean, distributed energy to build a more sustainable energy future.
We have an immediate opening for a Repair Center Manager and Senior Technician to join our organization. This position will oversee RMA workflow management for all repaired products, personally execute repairs, and train and lead subordinate technicians to ensure world-class customer support to sales channels and end users. The Repair Center Manager / Sr. Technician will implement best practices to ensure repair activity is forecasted accurately, rationalized technically and will work cross-functionally with Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Operations and Finance as well as authorized third parties to provide excellence in repair strategies and execution.
Located just outside of Boulder, CO in the Louisville Tech Center, this position is part of SunTech Drive’s Operations organization. The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, fun work environment, excellent health, dental, and vision benefits, and an equity position.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Some travel required. No relocation. Candidates submitted by third-party agencies will not be considered.
• Define, monitor and control performance objectives and measures such as backlog, Turnaround Time (TAT), on time delivery, product reliability, available capacity, repair parts inventory, RMA pool inventory.
• Interpret and work in accordance with work orders, drawings and schematics, sketches, catalogs, manuals, all other applicable engineering and customer specifications, and oral instructions.
• Conceptualize, write, and/or modify troubleshooting, test, repair and configuration procedures and work instructions for board & box level test and repair.
• Specify equipment and operating procedures for in-house and authorized third party repair functions. Order, calibrate and maintain equipment as appropriate.
• Setup, adjust, adapt, operate and interpret results from standard and special purpose test equipment, applicable to assigned area, such as multi-meters, signal generators, power supplies, bridges, oscilloscopes, automatic test equipment and/or special test consoles to simulate in-service condition.
• Periodically check the accuracy and settings of precision instruments used in performing responsibilities in conformance with company’s QA program.
• Personally perform and lead the performance of RMA repairs.
• In conjunction with Sales and Marketing, prioritize and schedule RMAs. Adjudicate resource conflicts as necessary.
• Communicate with the other departments to resolve any issue that compromises the promised delivery date of the repaired item. Document all RMAs and the resolution for customers and stakeholders.
• Interface with all applicable groups such as production technicians, assemblers, buyers, engineers, and others as necessary to exchange information, provide technical assistance, and share equipment.
• Provide training and guidance to less experienced team members, supervising production, quality, performance, safety, and turnaround time in repair department.
• Assist with product transition from engineering development to production.
• Support engineering evaluation and testing for new and existing product designs and upgrades.
• Maintain custom production test equipment located at contract manufacturing facilities.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Associates Degree in EET or closely related technical field and eight (8) years’ experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience in the testing, troubleshooting and repair of high-tech electronics products. Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience.
• Two (2) years’ supervisory / management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to read and apply circuit board schematics and assembly drawings and test, troubleshoot, and repair down to the component level while exercising proper ESD and safety protocols.
• Demonstrated ability to use electronic test equipment such as digital multimeters, digital oscilloscopes, signal generators, programmable power supplies, analyzers, simulators, etc.
• Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in, practical application of high-tech electronics, components, science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the test and repair of high-tech electronic products.
• Solid testing, troubleshooting and repair methodology and process experience.
• Experience removing and re-soldering lead and lead-free electronic components on PCBs, including finepitch surface mount and through-hole components.
• Demonstrated ability to monitor, expedite and report on departmental activity, operate independently, take action as required and effectively communicate with customers and internal personnel in a fastpaced and dynamic environment.
• Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods, able to lift up to 40 lbs and wear required PPE.
• Exceptional detail orientation combined with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• A valid drivers license is required as some off-site travel will be required.
• Practical knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications, as required.
The following qualifications are highly desired:
• Demonstrated experience with high frequency PWM systems and/or variable frequency drives.
• Demonstrated experience working with electronic systems utilizing 400 VDC or higher.
• Demonstrated and successful implementation of continuous improvement, Lean techniques, Six Sigma and/or statistical methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize Labview and/or Matlab.
• Demonstrated experience testing, troubleshooting and repairing wireless communications equipment.
• Certification by the Electronics Technicians Association or the International Society of Certified Electronics Technicians.
• BSET or BSEE degree.
If you meet these requirements and want to join a fast-growth company, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Include Job Code RCMT-X with response.
Download the Job Description Below