It is ideally suited for applications that require 24/7 or some night time operation, particularly in areas with high power costs. The combination of the PicoCell controller and the optional Grid Hybrid box represents a very cost effective way to supplement solar power with controllable night time operation without the expense of adding a bank of batteries.
If there is full solar irradiance, the PicoCell and Hybrid Controller will draw all power from the PV array. As cloud cover or impending darkness reduce the level of solar irradiance, the system makes up the difference by drawing from the grid. As full darkness descends the system draws all of its power from the grid. In high energy cost areas, this allows for both power
As can be seen in the diagram below the majority of the day time operation is effectively offloaded from the grid. This is particularly impactful in areas with high demand charges or time of use pricing. Typical applications include swimming pool pumps, solar decorative fountains, aerators and waste water treatment systems.
- Seamlessly blends energy input from solar PV and power grid
- Maintains full power 24/7 while minimizing power costs
- No circuit panel installation required, plugs in as simple outlet load
- Manual switch for overriding electrical grid connection
- Universal compatibility – use single/three phase, 50 or 60Hz, 120Vac or 230Vac electrical grid and loads
- Passive design with no moving parts
- Operating status conditions indicated by multicolor LEDs
- Phase decoupling – allows for the use of three phase motors on single phase grids and vice versa
- Maintains full variable frequency drive operation even while blending inputs
AC input voltage range: 120-240Vac
AC input maximum current: 25Aac
Solar PV operating voltage range: 100-400Vdc
Solar PV operating current: 18Adc
Auxiliary DC power: 12Vdc, 0.5A
Remote control enabled by:
– PicoCell or
– Programmable timer relay
Degree of protection: NEMA4/IP66
Operating temperature: -40°C to 65°C
Power terminals: AWG#10-14
Control/Sensor terminal: AWG#14-22
Cooling: passive – no fan
The unique phase decoupling feature means that the Grid Hybrid Box is universally compatible in the sense that can accept any AC source: 50/60Hz, 120/208/230Vac, single or three phase.
It decouples the AC motor from the AC source, so its possible to run three phase AC motors off of a single phase grid, or a single phase motor off of a
MODES OF OPERATIONS:
Blended Mode – In this mode the system
Solar Only Mode – By activating the switch to manually override the use of the grid power, the system can be easily put into a mode where it will not draw power from the grid. This is typically used to
Timed Grid Mode – Sometimes it is only necessary to run a device for certain times at night, perhaps until a facility closes or periodically during the night to drive devices like aerators or filters. This mode provides complete flexibility in the scheduling of the use of grid power.
ACCESSORIES AND ADD-ONS: