Pumps, compressors, fans, and other motors may need to run when solar power is unavailable. The SolSwitch provides safe and simple manual power transfer between solar and an AC generator, or the grid, using either a single or three phase power source.
The SolSwitch is controlled by a robust industrial Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), which provides optional features, including external sensors, a programmable timer and more. For special applications, it is possible to configure automatic power transfer from solar to the grid/generator power with the SolSwitch.
The Solswitch comes with a standard DC disconnect built in, and can be configured with additional protections such as Ground Fault Detection (GFD) for use in open water applications, such as aquaculture or swimming pools.
- A safe and simple manual transfer switch between solar power and AC grid/generator, single or three phase power source
- Accessory to the PicoCell controller
- Powers single/three phase AC motors, 50/60Hz, 120V/230Vac
- Includes DC disconnect for Solar PV system – no need for additional solar disconnect
- All SolSwitch components are UL listed
- Operated by a PLC device which provides flexibility for custom applications
AC grid/generator input voltage: 90-240Vac
Maximum AC grid/generator input current: 10Aac
Maximum PV panels open circuit voltage: 380VOC
Minimum operating PV voltage: 100Vdc
Maximum PV panel current: 9Adc
Maximum Single/Three phase motor SF AMPS: 10Aac/8Aac
AC motor voltage: 120/240Vac
Degree of protection: NEMA4/IP66
Enclosure material: Steel
Operating temperature: -40°C to 50°C
Solar/AC power terminals: AWG#10-14
Sensor terminal: AWG#14-18
Cooling: Passive/no fan