During full solar irradiance, the PicoBlender will draw maximum power from the PV array. As cloud cover or impending darkness reduce the level of solar irradiance, the system automatically makes up the difference by drawing from the grid. Once it’s dark, the system can draw all of its power from the grid. In high energy cost areas this allows for both power firming during the day and full nighttime operation while consuming as little power from the grid as possible. Typical applications include swimming pool pumps, well pumps, solar decorative fountains, aerators and waste water treatment systems.
- Run installed or new AC motor/pump/compressor/fan with free solar power
- Intelligently blends energy input from solar PV and power grid
- Maintains full power 24/7 while minimizing power costs
- Simple installation, weather proof, durable, and automatic
- Universal compatibility – use single or three phase, 50 or 60Hz, 120Vac or 230Vac
- No circuit panel installation required, plugs in as simple outlet load
- Intelligent design automatically improves operation and life of motor
- Maintains full variable frequency drive (VFD) operation while blending inputs
- Corrects poor quality grid power/voltage
- Patented and Made in the USA
AC input voltage range: 120-240Vac
AC input maximum current: 12Aac Solar PV operating voltage range: 100-400Vdc
Solar PV operating current: 9Adc
Auxiliary DC power: 12Vdc, 0.5A
Remote control enabled by: PicoBlender or Programmable timer relay
Degree of protection: NEMA3R/IP65
Enclosure material: Die cast Aluminum
Operating temperature: -40°C to 50°C
Power terminals: AWG#10-14
Control/Sensor terminal: AWG#14-22
Cooling: passive – no fan
MODES OF OPERATION:
Blended Mode – In this mode the system utilizes as much power as is available from the solar array at any instant, supplementing as needed from the power grid as clouds come over or day fades to night.
Solar Only Mode – By activating the switch to manually override the use of the grid power, the system can be easily put into a mode where it will not draw power from the grid. This is typically used to optimize the cost of operation based on different seasonal needs.
Timed Grid Mode – Sometimes it is only necessary to run a device for certain times at night, perhaps until a facility closes or periodically during the night to drive devices like aerators or filters. This mode provides complete flexibility in the scheduling of the use of grid power.